Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Before you pay for that iTunes season pass...

I'm a huge fan of 24 on Fox. But it's on the same time as Heroes on NBC! I'm hooked on both and my better half much prefers Heroes, so we ended up watching that. (Usually I win, but not since I made him watch four hours of Jack Bauer in one shot last week).

I've already been spending a considerable amount of time on ABC.com watching Ugly Betty episodes. But I love 24 so much, I thought I'd just download episodes off iTunes. Each individual episode is $1.99, but you can buy the season pass for $44.99. Ouch. That's kind of expensive, don't you think? If I'm going to spend that much, it's going to be on the DVD once the season is through so I can get the bonus features.

Then I discovred MyFoxPhoenix.com, which streams the episodes for free. Take that, iTunes. I know you still have to sit through a really lame Chase commercial, but that's worth saving $1.99 or $44.99.

The obvious answer to my troubles would be to get a DVR and I'm thinking about it. It's just that I'm sort of against giving Cox any more of my money because I already think the cable behemouth gets enough of that. (Don't get me started on APS). Now that I've figured out how to juggle my favorite TV shows pretty much for free...who needs a DVR?

Oh hell, who needs Cox for that matter? Wait -- I can't live without CNN.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home