Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Venting about local stuff, ok, not really venting but "donating" some not-so-cheery observations

Herman Munster lives!
First off, we watch most of the local news channels each day here at our place. We flip around, but mostly watch channel 12 for no paricular reason. I think it's because we like to make fun of Nick Calderone and how he looks like a young Herman Munster. Turn on 12 right now and you'll see; he's covering the snow in Flagstaff.

The Schillings have no taste
Second, Curt Shilling's house and that irritating baseball diamond on the bottom of his pool have been sold. That silly baseball diamond proves a point I have always believed firmly; it doesn't matter how rich you are, money can't buy you taste. That is one cheesy pool decoration!

Stinking boyfriend is right...for once
Third, my damn boyfriend is right. I hate that. I am vehemently against the camera enforcement on the 101, but he thinks it prevents people from speeding. I guess the cameras were turned off (I didn't notice) and now speeders are enjoying their freedom again. Cameras off = speeders back to what they do best. Ok, boyfriend may be right and those cameras may have really helped slow down the speeding madness on the 101.

But my original thought remains; I still don't think you can replace the presence of human officers with traffic cameras. I worry about the guy who is speeding because he just robbed an ATM, or the guy who is speeding because he's high on meth. Those are the types of drivers that need to be taken off the road immediately by an officer. They are not the type that need a photo of their license plate taken only to have it arrive in the mail at some point later on. Meanwhile that guy who is high on meth ends up crashing into a perfectly innocent teenage motorist... We can't replace the human element in law enforcement and that's why I hate the cameras.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home