Thursday, December 14, 2006

Amazing: there are Jews in the world who actually like "Borat"

I saw Borat the week after it first came out and found it to be one of the most offensive movies I have ever seen in my life. But it's also pretty funny. I definitely didn't see the naked man wrestling bit coming, which was hysterical to me especially because it made my boyfriend extremely uncomfortable. I'm not Jewish, but the anti-semitic lines in the film were what made me uncomfortable. I do still love and appreciate the comedy of Borat though, because it is truly funny. I pretty much figured any Jew I know would probably hate the film, so I never mentioned it in that company. I couldn't imagine any Jewish person in the world would approve of this movie but it turns out I am wrong! Israeli Jews absolutely love this film! The whole thing really is a joke. Sasha Baron Cohen, who plays Borat, is speaking in Hebrew during the film. The rest of it is an inside joke for Israelis. It seems Cohen was trying to expose the prejudices of others all along.

Image hosted by Webshots.com
by ash_addison100

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home