Monday, December 11, 2006

The holiday tradition of crap eating should end

Every time I turn around, some magazine or television show or podcast or radio show or the stars in the sky is telling me how to avoid packing on the holiday pounds. Yawn. We hear these same "stories" each year. Don't go to a party hungry, blah blah blah...They aren't really good tips because we ignore them and get fat and happy anyway. I am working out almost every day, trying to prevent this. Mostly because I haven't been working out for months and eating what I want. So while everyone else plans on getting fatter this holiday season (don't give me that crap of how you don't plan on it, it just happens) I am hitting the treadmill and eliptical and trying to boost my yoga practice. I am also sucking down as much wheat grass as humanly possible, which is a lot.

The idea in life is prevent illness in any way you can. There really isn't enough said about preventative medicine.

This is why holiday crap eating traditions should end and be replaced with healthier traditions. Like wheatgrass. Hey, it's Christmas -- go guzzle a healthy green beverage. We lament our extra pounds every Chrismakkuh, but yet we still have no problem serving high-calorie, fatty, sugary dishes each year. I think I'll make my family a salad or something this Christmas. I'm watching the Today Show today and it's another lame story on how not to get fat during the holiday season. I couldn't help but think maybe the best thing we can serve our guests is healthy food. What's so wrong with being nurturing? Why must we keep overindulging year after year?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home