Saturday, December 02, 2006

A shitty day that ended with a parade!

I do love this city and its quirks, even if I forget them from time to time.

The boyfriend is sick and just can't get well. I think when he snores he sounds like a duck farting half the time and the rest of the time he's gurgling so much snot in his nasal passages that he sounds like a water bong. I'm much better off but battled a teensy sinus headache today and just felt tired. So it was one of those unproductive, not-so-fun days -- although I did come up with a cool freelance article idea I hope to pitch ASAP. So all was not lost today.

Then I leave for week, unsuspecting. I buy some gas but am still making decent time to get to work when I hit a nasty traffic jam of some sort. It is then that Kramer is calling me to advise me about the traffic. A little late, but the cause of the traffic is the Fiesta of Light Electric Light Parade down Central Avenue! I love a parade! Who doesn't love a parade? I went outside for about 30 seconds to watch before I decided it was too cold (I am a desert dweller) and went back inside to watch from the warmth of the Peak studio window. There were some cool mini-Macy's lighted balloons and some cool parade floats a la Disneyland's Electrical Parade. The best was the Desert Botanical Garden float! It was perfect. It had a swaying tree and lots of lights.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to the parade, it was awesome. And freezing.

Katie

6:10 AM  
Blogger Heather Larson said...

It was freezing! I went outside for about a minute until I realized how cold it was! I was just glad I made it into the station parking lot in time to work so I didn't have to walk there.

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home