Thursday, January 11, 2007

There's no 12-step for iPhone yet, but there should be

You thought "crackberries" were bad. Wait until June when we can start snatching up the Apple iPhone from Cingular. I may even be geeky enough to go buy one the day they are released. My cheapskate boyfriend is even convinced it's worth the $500 price tag. I've been easily winning him over to the Apple side though, just as I easily converted him to being vegetarian. (That I actually didn't event try to do; he merely got his hands on my John Robbins book one night after I passed out sick on the couch with a cold). He even bought me an iPod Nano for Christmas, which is the coolest thing ever. Next up, we're going to have to purchase a laptop for him.

But back to the iPhone...

I am wondering what my future monthly bill from Cingular will look like once I have this baby in my hot little hands and I'm surfing, iPodding, phoning, SMS messaging, e-mailing and syncing away. I'm a little apprehensive about being the first to buy one, because if you're an Apple fan like me you know never to buy the first batch off the conveyor belt. It's best to wait until the bugs are worked out...then again, I still bought my Powerbook practically the second it came out. It had an issue but was easily fixed. I think it was the video card or something. I don't remember. It was a small blip on my otherwise enjoyable Apple radar.

I also had a couple Treo smart phones, which I somehow managed to destroy, both in the same way -- the flippy little window thing that folded down to cover/protect the screen broke both times. I cracked them at their hinges. Then I gave up on the $400 phone and just bought the Treo PDA for somewhere around $200-250. (Another detail I forget now). I carried two things at that point, the phone and the PDA. Now I even leave the PDA in a drawer since I work at home.

I imagine, if nothing else, my stepmom will at least be jealous of my iPhone. It sure kicks the hell out of her Blackberry.

Anyway, need I remind you how cool my new coveted gadget is?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home